Sunday, August 23, 2015

*Globe BlackBerry- Nicki Minaj Pink Friday Tour*

 

I joined more than 12,000 fans in an exclusive concert with the Pink Friday Girl, Nicki Minaj who popularized hits Super Bass and Starships. The one-night party was a way for Globe Telecom and Research In Motion to thank their BlackBerry subscribers.


Initially, tickets were given to new BlackBerry subscribers who availed of tempting plans from Globe Postpaid. Thereafter, a thousand Globe BlackBerry prepaid and postpaid subscribers who have gotten themselves a smartphone recently were given two tickets each.

 DSC_0046
Tickets to the Manila leg of the Pink Friday Tour were not sold at all, at least officially. Therefore, I was so ecstatic when I knew that I was receiving a VIP ticket for being a loyal Globe Blackberry subscriber plus an invite to her exclusive press conference!

  

So the big day came, and Wednesday here in Manila became Pink Friday. I went to the Amethyst Room of the Diamond Hotel to catch the press conference. Security was understandably tight, and even photos from the media were controlled. I didn’t mind at all because it was my chance to see Nicki Minaj up close; I was smiling the entire time!


 Anyway, Nicki gamely answered questions from the media, among them how she deals with a break up. To which she replied, “A lot of crying and a lot of mean text messages and you know, I write a song like Fire Burns.”

DSC_0045 
After the lunch, our friends from Research In Motion and BlackBerry hooked me up with a copy of Nicki Minaj’s Pink Friday Roman Reloaded Deluxe Edition album and a pair of “super bass” earbuds from Blaupunkt to complete my Pink Friday Tour experience.

 

Then it was time for #GlobeBBNickiMinaj and #PinkFridayTourManila. I was running late because of traffic, so I alighted from my cab and did an Anne Curtis by taking the MRT from Buendia to the Mall of Asia Arena. I clearly did not want to miss any of the action.

 

I ran in a sea of people to my VIP seat, yet it was all worth it. I found myself dancing, singing, and screaming to my favorite songs like Starships, Ring the Alarm, Where Them Girls At, Turn Me On, Fly, and of course, Super Bass. 

 
The crowd too was equally wild and relentless, and the concert was one big party. Everyone was just as excited to see Nicki perform in the only Southeast Asian leg of her tour. She, in turn, was energetic and obviously in love by the enthusiasm her Filipino fans showed her.

 
After the concert, I tweeted that I didn’t think I could dance wildly—proof that I had heaps of fun. Thank you so much Globe Telecom and RIM for rewarding us with an exclusive Pink Friday Tour experience, and I surely will continue to be a loyal Globe BlackBerry subscriber.

 

The new BlackBerry Curve models are free with a Globe Postpaid plan starting at 598 PHP a month. Know more by checking out

  www.globe.com.ph/blackberrycurve.     

No comments:

Post a Comment